Gretsch is celebrating its 130th birthday with the introduction of several new models which include the new Center Block series.
Something of a departure from the standard Gretsch template, the Center Block series features a full-body-length spruce centre block – a Gretsch first – which is chambered at the lower bout to reduce weight and ensure the new series stays friendly at high volume.
The Panther is just one of the models which comprise a completely new Center-Block series – part of the Professional Collection. Available in black or white, the guitar features:
- a 1 3⁄4”- deep double-cutaway three-ply maple body with a 16” lower bout
- arched top and back
- f holes
- a three-piece maple neck1
- 2”-radius bound rosewood fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets and pearloid Neo-Classic “thumbnail” inlays
- single-ply bound headstock with pearloid Gretsch logo
- dual High Sensitive Filter’Tron pickups
- a top- mounted output jack
- “G” arrow control knobs and chrome hardware
- Adjusto-Matic bridge with pinned rosewood base
- Bigsby B6C tailpiece
- Grover Sta-Tite tuners
- Schaller strap locks.
- deluxe hard-shell case included.
The High Sensitive Filter’tron pickups, pinned bridge and centre block mean that this beauty is built to take whatever punishment you care to throw at it and deliver some heavy tones. Floating bridges and fully hollow bodies have been key features of the Gretsch range for many years, but these can cause problems under certain conditions. Floating bridges can shift with aggressive playing and fully hollow bodies are prone to feedback at high volume. No matter how aggressive your style, this guitar is set to suck it up and rock like a good’n.
To commemorate Gretsch’s 130th anniversary, the company is also releasing:
- U.S. Custom Shop 130th Anniversary Hollow Body
- G6118T-LTV 130th Anniversary Jr.
- G6128T-DCM Duo Jet
- G6139CB Falcon Center-Block Single Cutaway
- G6139T-CBDC Falcon Center-Block Double Cutaway.
For more information, go to www.gretschguitars.com.